Saturday 23 May 2009

Day out in Lincoln

Another trip out on my bus pass, this could become a habit. I arranged to meet up with some 'Down The Laners' from the Forum I am a moderator on, see right for link. Checking over the timetables, I picked out a bus that would get me into Lincoln at 10.30am. I wanted to do the whole journey on the bus but unfortunately the last bus back to my village leaves before the Lincoln bus gets in, so the only option was to drive the four miles to town.

I felt in a cheerfull mood as I got on the bus, and chatted to the driver a few minutes before we set off. I bet he thought I was a bit dotty, but I don't care, I love to make people laugh, no point in being miserable. An elderly gentleman got on and we chatted all the way to Gainsborough, which helped to divert attention from being bumped around a lot. I have decided buses are no good for anyone with a bad back, you would need crutches by the time you get off :-)

I met Wilma at the Bus Station in Lincoln, she came in on the Grimsby bus. It's a good job I told her to look for red hair, specs and shoulder bag, because I had accidentaly deleted her phone number when I cleared out my message box on the forum. A senior moment, I think!
We had a good look round the museums and galleries, a walk up Steep Hill past the Castle and Cathedral. I love the little antique and gift shops, there was a mini craft fair in the street, me snooping for ideas again. I had a chat with a woman who did felting, quite amazing how it is done, and she had some lovely bags, necklaces and bracelets. At 1pm we met two more Laners at the Museum of Lincolnshire Life, Silky and Mallard were waiting in the cafe for us. After chatting for an hour me and Wilma had a look round the museum, I took some pictures. I love the old fashioned rooms in a house they set up, and the shops, can just imagine how they looked with people in them.
Wilma got the 3.45pm bus back and I got the 4.15pm, All in all, a good day out, and it only cost the price of a drink, a toasted teacake, and an ice cream. Hope you like my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.