Wednesday 19 October 2011

Ten day party. DAY 1

Well I have arrived. My....

1000'th post.


What can I say, I am elated. I want to say how much I have enjoyed doing this, and how much I have enjoyed your company along the way. Now I have a record of the last 2 years 9 months of my life, which I will be able to look back on in my twilight years. Now without further ado lets get on with the post.

My frugal fashion today is a Lady Truckers sweatshirt which has been in my wardrobe for the last 24 years. I started the LTC in 1986, and it took a year to build up enough money in the kitty to be able to afford our own tees and sweats, printed with the logo that I designed. This became our recognised uniform if you like, members wore it at work, and at the truck shows that we attended. It was printed in the truck magazines whenever they wrote an article about our club. My trucking cap adorned with badges, has been with me at all the truckshows, making me instantly recogniseable as the boss of the Lady Truckers Club, an achievement of which I am immensly proud.

My little caravan was used as a base for the club stand, the show organisers always gave us a free space. Here I am selling my wares and signing up new members.

This was one of our earlier stands at Truckfest Peterborough, one of the biggest truckshows in Europe. We had some great weekends, it was a hoot. Aaahhhh, those were the days, happy memories with some great friends.


I've been ages looking for the last Larf of the Day, as there are so many to sift through. I changed my mind several times, it was going to be Cissy and Ada, then the Two Ronnies, but I found myself larfing at Frank Spencer. Who could not larf at the lovable simpleton. Michael Crawford played him to perfection. These old comedies will go on forever, thank goodness for youtube which means we can access them at any time.

This one tickles me because I used to be a driving instructor before I became a lorry driver. I didn't have any pupils quite this silly though. Enjoy Frank.



I'm going to be a bit lazy with my last Commandment, and cheat a little. The video says it all. Thou shalt..........click play, and I want everyone to sing along. I love this song.



Just to remind you. The last draw, from the comments on this post, will take place tomorrow at 12noon. The winner of this ticket will also win one of my hand made bags. I will post it to anywhere in the world. Good luck and thanks for reading.

I have just done the draw for yesterdays raffle ticket, the winner is......don't unplug your hub. You win ticket number 735079. Well done and good luck.

23 comments:

  1. Well done for this momentous achievement! I love the pictures of the lady truckers. It reminds me of all the fun times I've had with other girls working in my own profession. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogday! And many happy returns.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1,000TH POST ILONA!

    And what a great post it was. You can't get much funnier than Frank Spencer, he is a real hoot. Fancy having driver instructor experience under your belt too. The LTC Ladies Trucker Club, what a great idea. You all had such nice hair too.The sweaters looked fab, how nice that you still have yours and it still fits, that's even better.
    Always look on the bright side of life! That's a great song, I will be humming it for the rest of the day now.
    Whoever gets your lovely handmade bag will be getting a real treasure. Have a great day and here's to the next thousand posts, cheers! Pop went the cork on the champagne bottle.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOOOOO! 1000 posts! That's fab, Ilona!!
    Michael Crawford used to do all his own stunts on 'Some Mother's Do 'ave em".
    The song means a lot to hubby and I. Chris was on board HMS Antelope when it was bombed. As the sailors were waiting to evacuate, they sat on the top deck singing this song, amidst bombs exploding, aircraft overhead etc etc. If they could look in the bright side of life, even then...so can we all.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a true achievement Ilona. I love your caravan with the photos and T shirt/sweat shirts. The logo looks really professional too.

    I love those daft Frank Spencer scenes.

    Good luck for your next 1000 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done on 1000 posts!
    looking forward to reading the next 1000 :-)

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 100th post. Love your blog.

    Donnax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yabba dabba doo, your 1000 post that in itself is a fantastic achievement:) Brilliant post to celebrate. I love reading about your Lady Trucking days and another hidden talent, driving instructor. Looking forward to the next 1000 posts♥♥ Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Ilona! 1,000 posts is a monumental achievement. Hope you keep up the good work for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We ought to have a virtual party! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on reaching your 1000th post. Long may they continue. Thank you for the advice and the laughs.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 1000th post Ilona and thanks so much for your wonderful upbeat attitude and the great pics of your walks that you post, you really do brighten up my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Ilona, 1000 posts that I have loved to read and look forward to many more, having my own little party on this end! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1000 posts, well done Ilona! Thank you so much for making your blog a fun read. Your LTC shirt is very well designed, you really are a 'go getter' aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS!!! 1000 posts is a lot of committment to blogging. Good for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 1,000th birthday!

    Your blog doesn't look a post older than 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. And I always thought it was always look on the bright side of life. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done Ilona, and I've read every one of your posts. It took me hours when I first discovered your blog!
    Always a pleasure to read your adventures, even everyday postings are upbeat and interesting. Great photo's too.
    I think a virtual party is a great idea. So go on and pull this cracker and pass on a big smile. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your blog and congrats on a milestone....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations and celebrations! I'm a new boy, don't know anything about a raffle but glad I won.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your 1000 posts Ilona. You are a great inspiration. I like the idea of a virtual party, I am toasting you with a drop of brandy. Cheers !
    Best wishes, EileenM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 1000th post! I've really enjoyed reading your ten day party. Loved the fashions, the laughs and the commandments. You're a real inspiration. Looking forward to the next 1000 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You can't beat a bit of Frank Spencer - that was so funny when the cyclist overtook him!

    I've always loved that song - I've told my family to play it at my funeral!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.