Saturday 8 September 2012

Too much to do and not enough time

I seem to have run out of time tonight, I don't know where it all goes. I've got some photo's to upload from my day out in Hull today. Well it was going to be a day out, but ended up only half a day. This morning the cat rescue hot line was really busy. First was a call from a woman who had a friend who has a mum cat and three kittens, and the mum cat is not feeding her babies, and they all have to be rehomed because the friend is moving house. We are full here in our pens, so after several phone calls backwards and forwards with various people I managed to get another rescue to take them.

Then a woman rang up asking if we had a suitable cat for her to adopt. She said it would be a mainly indoor cat with access to the garden under supervision. She sounded like a genuine cat lover, and it just so happened that we know of a stray which fits her requirements perfectly. The cat is being fed by the neighbour of the people who upped sticks and left it behind. After several more phone calls we were able to put the the two people in touch with each other and tonight the abandoned cat has a new home. Success.

What with taking Rocky a walk, and having a bath this morning, it meant I didn't get to Hull untill after lunch time, which made me late back. I'll put the photo's on tomorrow, in the meantime here are some pics of the lovely sunset we had tonight. I rushed out to the back of the churchyard to take these before it disappeared. The red colour is reflecting onto the River Trent down below.


The reflections on the back of the shiny tombstones are quite interesting.


Look at that fabulous sky.

Goodnight, see you tomorrow. Lots of love and kisses.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of the sunset. I love the reflections it creates on the tombstones and you've captured it so well. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reflections on the tombstones were fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!!! Loving those tombstones too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous snaps! The one with the river and trees is my favorite...breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Gorgeous shots, Ilona!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the reflections on the tombstones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. just wow. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.