Wednesday 6 May 2015

A cheap one pan meal

Hiya folks, what a wild weather day we had today. I couldn't do anything in the garden, it has been very windy the whole time, with intermittent heavy rain showers. A day sewing while watching catch up TV. I caught Sheriden Smith in 'The C Word', on BBC. It's a true story about a woman who wrote a blog and a book about her diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer. Sheriden is an amazing actress, she must surely pick up an award for this performance.
A couple of snippets of the picture, still more to do. I won't stop until I'm happy with it, so you'll have to wait a bit longer for the finished article.

It was a cheap experimental dinner tonight.. I have some packet noodles which I bought a while ago from the cash and carry, they were eight for £1. I started off by slicing up four small courgettes into a small pan. Then I blasted eight sprouts in the mini chopper which shredded them in seconds. I add them to the courgettes and cooked them for a few minutes in a chunk of olive spread, with some garlic powder. Then I added water and the noodles, and a teaspoon of veg gravy granules, and brought it to the boil then simmered for two minutes. Serve with shredded iceberg lettuce, tomato, and beetroot. It was lurrrrvely, filled me up a treat. You could use any chopped veg you like, it only takes a few minutes, cheap on the gas, and it's a one pan meal, so less washing up to do.

I've had some lovely comments coming through on the older posts, thank you so much for your kind words, I read them all. I am chuffed that people are finding something of interest. You are welcome to pick out the bits you need and if I can help in any way, please ask.
Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip

11 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian. It doesn't seem to be doing you any harm. Do you have your B12 levels checked regularly or do you take supplements ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello CC. I don't have my levels checked, and I don't take supplements. If you Google Vitamin B12 you will find sites which list the foods that provide it. It's in dairy, I eat cheese, yogurt, milk, eggs, chocolate. It's in fortified cereals, and soya products, I eat bran flakes with soya milk. It's in mushrooms. It's in veggie burgers and sausages, which I eat. Have a look at the Vegetarian web site.
      https://www.vegsoc.org/B12

      You could change over slowly by reducing the amount of meat meals you have, see how your body reacts to it. Maybe eat meat a couple of times a week if you don't want to suddenly stop. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Many thanks Ilona , that's a good place to start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture looks rally good. A lot of work has gone into it. Look forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to "sign" my Anonymous comment about your picture,

    SueMcD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a grand job of living Ilona, since finding you I have reduced my spending and meat consumption by more than half. Increased my crafting tenfold and retired early.Now I am settled in my new home and having a ball. keep on inspiring us to do more and try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your picture looks a lot like English countryside now. I like it.
    I have to confess, since I started reading your posts, my dinner has many common features with yours.
    It's boiling hot here this past week (35+ degrees C) and it's only May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your vegetable dishes and the pictures are very colorful. Although we almost always have some sort of meat with a meal, I do use some of your veggie ideas as an accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.We have lovely spring sunshine here and the garden calls me every day.(still not enough rain though)Your artwork does look as someone already said ,like the English countryside.We have the Northumberland hills over here that looks very similar.Art is a process and you will know when your completed with the stitchery, I think.The French knots you added look lovely and add charm and texture,it's really pretty.Will have to get the rain barrels organized and build some raised beds for veggies.The perennial beds are mostly done.Laughingly I did the flowers first-silly me.Just goes to show how I do not have my priorities straight. :)Still some time before May 18th.to get that done, though.Bye for now, D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your finished picture and I am loving your new summerhouse :-)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.