Wednesday 28 December 2016

Jade, a lovely lady

Hello. And life goes on. I'm holding off going to the shops, though now is probably the best time to go, there will be stuff marked down. I don't need anything at the mo, cat food stocked up, freezer stocked up, and I've enough Brussels Sprouts, potatoes, and carrots to last another week. I had a plate of veg this afternoon, never get bored with that. Sprouts and broccoli drizzled with toasted sesame seed oil, deeeelishhhh. 
Caught a glimpse of a fantastic sunset the other night, view from my bedroom window. A few minutes and it was gone. Twas a beautiful deep red, the colours never fail to amaze me. 
This was my lunch yesterday. The last of the yellow sticker mushrooms and chopped onions, half a tin of chick peas, and an egg scrambled into it. Spices, Danish blue cheese, and cream cheese with garlic. I had it on a microwaved spud. There was enough for two portions. Cheap and bloomin lovely.

Doggy walk this morning, this is Jade. She is a sweetie though you wouldn't have said that if you knew her when she first arrived from a rescue. She had a rough start in life and was very wary of people, leading to bouts of aggression. Both the gardener and the handyman were bitten, but her new owner persevered and she calmed down when she realized that she was safe in her new home.

I am walking her on alternate days for the next three weeks while her regular dog walker is away on holiday. He takes her all over the place, down tracks, across fields, she is allowed to run free with him. I won't be letting her off the lead, although she knows me I don't want to take the chance of her running off. We have a very fast march around the village, stopping to talk to any other dog owners we meet on the way. She is fine with people and other dogs, no sign of aggression now.


Bugsy is still eating, but getting a bit picky. It's good that he chunters and moans about not having the right food, at least he is interested in it.

Thank you all for commenting on the previous post, a lot of  opinions, and stories on how you spent your Christmas, and what it means to you. I think it's a topic which will emerge year after year. As people grow older and families grow up, ideas of what Christmas is about are bound to change. I liked it when I was young, but stopped liking it when I was in my late twenties/early thirties.

I had a very late lunch today, so I'm just about ready for a small meal. Don't need a full dinner, so spaghetti hoops on toast will be enough.

The computer is playing up a bit, I uninstalled Skype because it was slowing things up and I don't use it, but I must have done something wrong because now I can't access my favourite sites from the top bar. Will have to look into it, or get the little computer out. Bloomin pain.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

7 comments:

  1. Jade looks lovely. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. Then again, aren't all doggies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sunset and Jade looks like a great dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and beautiful sunset.

    I'm wondering if you inadvertently (or deliberately) downloaded a toolbar when you downloaded Skype. Now that you've deleted Skype your toolbar doesn't work? If that is what happened you will need to use a different tool bar which comes with your operating program. I'm sure you will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for your wonderful newsy posts. This is the first time in many years I have had Christmas with my Daughters and their husbands and 2 of my Grandchildren ( all are grown). Our Christmas was very low keyed with The one Daughter hosting the rest. While we were there many of their friends stopped by, and I was surprised but My other daughter knew them all and I did too. People who were just coming for a few minutes sat down and we all visited for several hours! Many were young women who came to our home when my girls ( just 2) were going to school. I was impressed by how little booze was present ( I don't drink). I too though found it noisy ( I live alone now since Dh died last March 1) But I did enjoy all the visiting.
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year. I look forward to your walking tours. I am starting a walking program and will tackle the stairs in my Seniors apartment building ( too much snow and Ice for me to try outside, hard enough at the car park to get in and out of the grocers.) When I moved here I had to find a good home for my little dog and my cat. I found both homes and they are doing well ( I keep in touch and miss them terribly) It was so hard, but I cannot have pets here and I could no longer look after the acreage and keep the house up. I'd rather see good people who love the place look after it ..... I do feel we are just caretakers of our little bits of paradise and not really owners. Will go for now, but look forward to another year of your newsy posts. Pat Sneath , Dawson Creek, B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havae two desktops, one upstairs and one down, both are old and playing up and I am dreading them dying completely. I often feel like throwing all these computer thingys out of the window but they are so good for blogging and looking up needlework videos etc, I know I would be miserable without them.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks gorgeous Ilona. Just to let you know I completed my 1000 miles on Boxing day. Thanks again for the inspiration. X

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.