Thursday 6 April 2017

A bit of an allsorts day.

Hello. I'm a bit late tonight, that's because I was following my own advice and getting up off my bum to walk. I didn't go till 8.30pm. It was lovely, nice and quiet, no one about, and quite mild. 
I trimmed my hair, didn't take as much off as I normally do, couldn't be bothered to get the two mirrors out and hang them on opposite doors. I put a small mirror on the window ledge outside the back door, and hacked away. Looks fine to me. Red is fading and brown roots coming through. 

I had one of my ready meals yesterday, it's like a brick. Eight minutes in the microwave soon brings it back to life.

I like to do a little job before breakfast while I have my morning coffee. Today it was sorting the buttons out.

All bagged up, now it's easy to find what I want.

The new super bespoke garden table was very useful today. I was given a load of pottery, ornaments and mugs etc, to sell on our cat stall. Best wash it outside in the sunshine, then I don't need to dry it. 
Dinner tonight was wholemeal pasta with runner beans, broad beans, and peas. A sprinkle of grated cheese and a dollop of mayo. Simple but filling.

 And then there were three. A pack of tee lights in B & M was £2, I went to Poundland and bought them for ......£1. I bought a jar of coffee from B & M for £4.50, the same jar was in Poundland for £5, as a managers special. It's a chuffin nightmare to keep track of prices. I had a nosy in the small Asda, the prices in there are a lot more than in the big store.

I didn't get to the vets, will have to do that tomorrow. I'm waiting for the plumber to get back to me, he is supposed to be servicing my boiler and checking my gas fire, but he is ever so busy. I've been chasing him up but he is not replying.

I've just been reading on a forum that someone had their car broken into and their handbag stolen. They are a bit peeved about that as you can imagine. Some lowlife was caught on camera using the card to withdraw cash out of a machine. What I want to know is why does anyone leave any valuables in their car anyway. People, please do not leave handbag, phone, keys, camera, satnav, computer, or anything of any value in your car.

I think it's bed time. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

20 comments:

  1. And if you have to leave something of value in your vehicle place it under your seat or all those fast food wrappers or sacks you haven't cleaned out of the floor boards on the passenger side of the vehicle. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never understand people leaving valuables in their car. I read about people leaving their purse, wallet, laptop computer, prescription medicines and such in their car and then are surprised when someone breaks into the car. I never leave items in my car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand it either granny. Common sense seems in very short supply these days.

      Delete
  3. Next time you run out of tea lights, take a look in Home Bargains if you have one. Apart from the normal tea lights, you can get ones that will last for 4 hours and eight hours. I can't remember how much I paid, but it wouldn't be much. Lovely to see the picture of your pretty jars again. Just what you need for a Spring/Summer evening sit outside. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I am hoping the weather will be warm enough to sit in the summerhouse on dark nights.

      Delete
  4. Well done on your hair cut - I'd never be brave enough to cut my own hair.

    Your garden looks a nice size and lovely daffodils.

    Is it well lit where you walk late at night? Please be careful.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. 8.30 to 9.30pm isn't late, and yes there are street lights. It's safe.

      Delete
  5. I cover things up with the old plastic bags all over my floor. Sometimes, I put my purse on the floor and dump trash over it. Putting a purse in the trunk keeps it super safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter locked her handbag in the boot while she went to the park with her toddler. Someone was watching as they smashed the back window and stole her bag. Not advisable.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sally. No part of a car is safe from thieves, the solution, don't leave anything which is valuable.

      I found a ladies handbag in the bushes surrounding a car park, in Yorkshire. The contents had been scattered. I picked everything up and handed the bag to the police. I was astounded to see all kinds of personal papers, driving licence, credit cards, store cards, letters etc. The thief must have only wanted cash. There was enough there to steal the woman's identity and empty her bank account. Why carry all that stuff around with you anyway.

      Delete
  6. Love the decorated jars Ilona. You have an incredible talent for making something from nothing. They would look nice in your summerhouse. Kristel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your plumber...they can be hard to pin down. As for the person getting stuff stolen, I'm sad but not entirely surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't often comment on appearance but your hair looks lovely. Obviously you have a good hairdresser!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have had a lovely day (a little bit of everything). Sitting in the summerhouse on a warm summer's evening sounds idyllic. You did a good job of your hair and I liked the photo as I could get a view of your lovely garden (just being nosy, sorry).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've saved a lot on your hair Ilona,looks good too,and no grey roots.Few more pounds there for the little cats soon hopefully with the pots.
    Where I live there's been trouble with scummy theives getting into cars.People were insisting they had locked them.They have got in by using a device that interupts at the time that the car owner is locking it.The theif can stand a distance away and do it.Apparently the advice was ,to make sure you hear the door lock click.I've seen CCTV footage of 5 thieves on someone's drive around the corner of where I live.One just opens the boot.This was in at midnight and owner had left Xmas presents in there.I think it's only on certain cars though.Some are just breaking in for sunglasses.This isn't even a particularly bad area either x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that exactly. Every time I lock my car I wait for the click, the lights flash, and I check the door handles. I've seen people walk away from their car, press button on the key in their hand, and not even look back. You don't know who is watching these days.

      Delete
  11. You can't have anything these days it's sickening! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Re my tea light comment. I went into Home Bargains today and the pack of tea lights I mentioned were 99p for a pack of 30, and each one burns for 4.5 hours. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in the US midwest... a few weeks ago in our neighborhood many cars were broken into and in one, a woman had left her purse, with her pistol in it (she has a license to carry a concealed weapon). The thief got the gun and the rest of the contents of the bag. Personally I think she should be charged with negligence and her license revoked, leaving it out where it could be stolen is totally crazy. Now it might be used in the commission of a crime. Sandi in OK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice hair cut. I trim my bangs and that's it. I like your jars with tealights in them. I found some nice candles in small mason jars today...$20. A bit much..even for a gift. It would look nice with a tea light or votive candle in a clear mason jar. Cheaper. I always take my purse with me. Or put it in the trunk and take my wallet and cell phone with me. I put camera bag in trunk as well. Although on vacation I tend to keep it with me as there are people watching and you don't know who will strike. Safe than sorry. I just bought me a new camera backpack so it will be easy to carry. It's better to be safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.