Monday 3 April 2017

Home made super deluxe garden table.

Hello. I thought I would give you an extra day to check in with your miles, and I'm pleased to see that the Walking Group are doing really well. It's good to read your comments, I can sense the determination in your writings, to do the best you can. It's nice to know that you are not finding it a chore, and now look forward to increasing your fitness levels. Stick with it everyone, do as much as you can, any walking is better than no walking. 
It was a good turnout at Crafty Club this morning, a full table again. It's been a lovely sunny day and I had a project I wanted to get on with this afternoon. Out with the tools, hammer, screwdrivers, saw, screws and nails. A bit of DIY is needed. 
My garden table is getting a bit wonky, it has been repaired once and now the wood is rotting further. Musn't grumble, I made it a few years ago and it cost me nothing, I have had good use out of it. It has been mainly used for potting plants and seeds, and any other DIY job which needed to be done outdoors. I've sawn many a piece of wood on this table. But now it's at the end of it's useful life, I need another one.

And here it is. The new all singing and dancing deluxe model. Heidi likes it. 
The two ends used to be a bed, out of a skip of course, I've had them ages. I've still got the base but it didn't fit in with this project. Some of the wood was from the four divan beds I had from my friend when they moved. I didn't have a pallet to cover the whole top, so I used a narrow pallet on the right where Heidi is lying. On the left I used two side pieces from a divan bed with some blocks nailed at each end to bring it up to the same height as the pallet. The top is one piece but I haven#'t screwed it to the frame, in case I want to move it.


I'm mighty pleased with that, my home made garden table/work bench. It's very sturdy, the cross bars hold it all together. Old screws used so it was all free.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

23 comments:

  1. Brilliant job Ilona, you are so clever and resourceful​.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I wouldn't say I am clever, but my mindset tells me to have a go, even if they are not perfect.

      Delete
    2. What you said about how you have a go ,made me realize how many things I dismiss in my life and don't even attempt to do because I think I can't do it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Ilona x

      Delete
  2. well done - recycling the recycling

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Ilona.It reminds me of the furniture that I've seen in The Times supplements sometimes.It's quite pricey -I love it though.Looks like reclaimed wood and is stained in multi colours.So unique.You rock x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Think Heidi has claimed it. Thank you for your email, Ilona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really good! I'd love to do more DIY but I find it difficult now due to arthritis in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work..and a nice height to work on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's the perfect height for me, no bending.

      Delete
  7. Good for you, nothing like a good work table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely sturdy table and just big enough, do you plan on painting it?
    Enjoy your day.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel. No, I think it looks ok as it is.

      Delete
  9. love it!my conservatory is full of wood that im loathe to get rid of as it is too good to waste!will you leave that outside/treat it/cover it?thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Yes it stays outside, no I won't treat it or cover it. It will last a few years, then dump it and make another one.

      Delete
  10. Great job and a perfect place for Heidi to sunbathe! SueM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Ilona, the table certainly looks sturdy. Our old Woolworth's plastic table has seen better days, and with some birthday money, I planned to replace it. The high winds blew it across the yard some years since, and took a lump out of the side, but OH repaired it. We couldn't get a plastic table, and so he got the pressure on it, and the chairs which go with it, and to our delight, it looks very clean, and hopefully good for another few years. I have had the table for over twenty five years! Susan (wife of Edward)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ingenious! Using the bed ends used that way was very clever. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so inventive and clever. What a useful "free" garden work bench/table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Heidi obviously approves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so ingenious Ilona! And Heidi is clearly very taken with it already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when people are clever enough to re-use something instead of filling up the landfills. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very impressed! I thought of you & your shed at the weekend when I saw an old door that someone had dumped by the road - if I'd been strong enough I would have dragged it home to use somehow. your creativity is catching!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.