Wednesday 26 April 2017

Keeping busy indoors

Hello. That got you going. Did you like my colourful words, ha ha. The weather is still unpredictable, I've been in most of the day, apart from when I went to the Post Office, then did my three mile walk. I got caught in a shower of hail and wind, just managed to stop the brolly from blowing inside out. 
A couple of recent lunches, one from yesterday and one today. I don't have much veg left so it's root in the cupboard and the freezer time. Two slices of toast, half a tin of spaghetti hoops, and two Value Tesco veggie grills. A cheap meal. 
Today I made a sandwich with two slices of toast, cheese spread, Danish Blue cheese, and the last of the salad leaves. I plonked the rest of the tin of hoops on top.

This pile of 14 cleaning cloths used to be a toweling bath robe. It was looking a bit grubby, and a lot of threads were pulled due to Mayze cat pummeling me with her paws. She thinks I am her mummy. These will come in handy for dish cloths, floor cloths, polishing cloths, (not that I do much of that), and any other type of cleaning job.

I've started another project. These small circles of fabric, 2 inches across,  are Suffolk Puffs, ironed flat and decorative stitching added. I need lots of these.


I came to a halt with the wooden garden sculpture because I ran out of small pieces of wood. I found a big box of scrap wood yesterday at the back door of Wicks the DIY store, they said I could take what I wanted. I will be able to get on with that when the weather is a bit warmer.

I need to make a phone call now, so I'll leave you to it. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

8 comments:

  1. My mum used to use my dads old y-fronts for dusting when I was little.I remember thinking it was so funny.When my friend came round to play I got them out of the cupboard to show her and my mum told me off.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do apologise for my fathers underpants x

      Delete
  2. Your snack looks scrummy....You always make such colourful meals x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your idea of ironing Suffolk puffs flat and adding decorative stitching. I cut up old towels, pants etc to use as cleaning, drying worksurfaces etc. Great way to recycle and save buying Jeyes cloths, or using paper towels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers!
    The toast looks very good.
    I would want it on the side rather than on top though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilona, Never contacted you before but I have a little challenge for you and your followers. Do you ever eat pickled onions? I like the 'sweet' ones when I buy them. My question to you and others is, what do you do with the vinegar left in the jar? Seems such a shame to throw it down the sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put sliced cucumber in the jar and kept it in the fridge for a couple of days

      Delete
    2. Hi Anon. I do actually pour my pickled onion vinegar down the sink. I suppose I could use it for cleaning purposes, I don't need it for anything else.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.