Wednesday 5 April 2017

Light up the garden

Hello. I've been playing today. The mayo jars are quite dinky, I like the rounded shape, so what to do with them? I know, make tee light holders. Wrap a bit of wire around the top and make a handle, and daub some nail varnish on them. I didn't want to spend a lot of time painting neat patters, so I just did some rough stripes, and added spots with a permanent marker pen. They look good hanging on the pink sticks. 
Or in the lilac tree, which is regrowing after I hacked it down last year.


I tried them out after dark.

Put them on Bugsy's grave, looks nice.

Put them on Rocky's grave, looks nice.

I've got some more jars, I'll make a few more. The lights are still shining, I can see them from my window, they've been out there for three hours. I need to buy some more tee lights, I only had these two in the cupboard. Easy to make, why not have a go.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

19 comments:

  1. That is so lovely for your little darlings Ilona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a thing about candles and candle jars, and have recycled many a petty shaped jar. I use everything from shells to lace and beads, in fact there are loads of ideas as long as they are safe. You could also use battery tea lights. When it comes to real tea lights I always hang them in a safe place. I don't leave mine at ground level because of inquisitive cats and wildlife. Yours look really effective Ilona, very pretty. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding a bit more to my previous comment, I too hang lanterns on my pets graves. You can get metal lantern hooks for under a pound in some shops. However, if you want a frugal version, use a cane with a decent length of hollow top, and bend your own hook from an old wire coat hanger and push it well down into the top of your cane. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea lights look pretty. I picked up seven small glass jars from the recycling center last week. There are no lids, so this would be a great way to use them. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. I saw Rocky's and Bugsy's grave and my eyes are tearing up. I miss them. Those tea lights do look beautiful on their graves. Think I will give it a try. Patty from Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. What loyal, loving companions our pets are.

      Delete
  6. Very nice!
    Would not have thought to use nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are cute. I love lights at night. I have some battery tea light candles that are only for emergencies or cute illumination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are lovely, I have been saving jars for doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea Ilona, something I might try would look really nice outside my back window. Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea. SueM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same jars in the cupboard - they were too pretty to throw in the recycling. I think your tea light holder idea is brilliant, they look great with the nail varnish paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Paint them outside, the nail varnish has strong fumes.

      Delete
  12. Those look so pretty. Definitely something I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those jars are a really pretty shape and how you've decorated them looks great what Mayo was it again it's not Helmans is it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful , thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.