Thursday 31 August 2017

You can't have too much colour in your life.

Hello. You may remember these ply board off cuts, rescued by me, a friend was going to dump them. I painted them with the intention of making some kind of artwork. Well they have been hanging around in my living room while I waited for some inspiration to pop into my head. I jiggled them about on the floor, arranging and re arranging, hoping that they would tell me something. Yesterday it happened. A simple idea, don't know why it took so long. 
The inside of my front door is a bit dull, looks a bit grotty to tell the truth. It needs something.

Cue fanfare. Perfect. It's turned a dark corner into a blaze of colour. Makes me smile, just like the colourful painted stone on the fireplace. I'm chuffed.

Changeable weather today, I'll pop out after lunch. Not walking today, having a day off. Will resume tomorrow. Don't forget to check in with your miles tomorrow the 1st of September.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

22 comments:

  1. Once again, brilliant. So funny though, I worked a cross stitch years ago and it looks just like this door.
    I'm with you, you can't have too much colour.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abstract door art -I'd never think to do that,but what a perfect place for it-doors can be so boring.The only thing I ever had on my door was David Cassidy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I steal that for my classroom door please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so artistic and inventive; they could have hung around for a hundred years and I would never have thought of doing that with them. Well done, they look superb. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of abstract art at Tate Modern. Very clever to make it out of rescued wood. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. And when you grow tired of that color scheme you can change it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea; that makes the door a happy, cheerful sight. Had a real gift today - got given a nearly new microwave for free. My old one is on its last legs so this was a real bonus, am delighted. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I say - very artistic x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, halls are often dark aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eat your heart out Salvador Dali. R/Tim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifull :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gives you a bit of cheer on your way out each day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your jazzy new door! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.